Kate Beckinsale as she shows off her incredible figure in a new photoshoot

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c7/aquac001/Misc/kate_beckinsale_gallery_10.jpg

She battled anorexic at 15, shrinking down to just five stone, but Kate Beckinsale finally looks comfortable in her own skin.

The 5ft 8in actress stripped off to just her briefs and a cardigan for a photoshoot for the current issue of Elle magazine.

In the accompanying interview, the 35-year-old hits out at Hollywood's obsession with size.

She says: 'I'm amazed that people obsess over my body image so much. Why do we encourage this war on women's bodies? It's a horrendous way to live, and I refuse to.'

Kate, who stars in the upcoming drama Nothing But the Truth, says she now has a much healthier view of her body, which she once described as 'a twig with a bum and small breasts’.

'I’m entirely normal. I have my good days and my bad days. I am a lot more body confident now I’m in my thirties, and am in better shape, too.

'I didn’t have a clue [about healthy eating] when I was in my twenties – I’d eat a small breakfast and lunch and then have a baked potato for dinner and feel really horrible.

'Now my typical daily diet is eggs or oatmeal for breakfast, a chicken or vegetable wrap for lunch, then fish and vegetables for dinner. But if someone turns up with cupcakes mid-afternoon, I’ll have one. I’m not aiming to be Gisele.

'And I’d hate to be one of those people who won’t allow themselves a slice of birthday cake.’

But she still struggles to keep motivated when it comes to exercise.

‘I just can’t make it part of my daily life. I go to the gym when I have to, and if I have to bulk up or slim down for a film, I will.

'I’ve recently got back into exercising four times a week. I run for half an hour at a time but never outdoors as I don’t exercise in public. My gym’s in my garage at home.’

Kate, who lives in LA with husband Len Wiseman and her nine-year-old daughter Lily from a previous relationship, also addressed her friendship with the Beckhams.

'We just hung out and went for nice dinners. Victoria is lovely and very down-to-earth. She loves taking the p*** out of herself, which is a good thing as far as I’m concerned. We laugh a lot together.’

No comments: